Chamber Made is seeking an Executive Producer (EP) to join our team and work alongside our Artistic Director / CEO to take the company into a dynamic future.
- 4 days per week (0.8 FTE)
- Start date: Negotiable, preference mid-late July
- 3-year contract available with a 6-month probationary period
Chamber Made operates at the nexus of contemporary performance, music and sound to make intimate works that grapple with the resonant themes of our times. The company is renowned for redefining artform boundaries and producing works that emerge from a deep collaborative dialogue across artform disciplines. Bringing contemporary composition and performance dramaturgy together in ever-shifting forms, our works have been presented in theatres, recital halls, lounge-rooms, galleries, and online. In addition to creating new works, Chamber Made is dedicated to making an enduring contribution to the broader Australian performing arts landscape. We create a locale for engagement, research, collaboration and innovation in cross-artform practice.
The Executive Producer [EP] is an outstanding and motivated professional who will work with the AD/CEO and the Board to shape, articulate and lead the organisation’s strategic direction. The person in this role can recognise and capitalise on both creative and business opportunities in a strategic, dynamic manner. The EP will work closely with the AD/CEO and staff to deliver a multi-faceted annual artistic program and will maintain a network of strong relationships with funders, stakeholders, sector and industry contacts and the many communities served by Chamber Made. The EP is ultimately responsible for maintaining a sustainable operational and financial basis for the organisation. The Executive Producer directly reports to the Artistic Director/CEO, and prepares reports to the Chamber Made Board.
The EP will be joining the leadership team at an exciting moment in the Chamber Made’s trajectory, with scope to contribute meaningfully to future directions of the company. There is potential for the role to expand and develop alongside the organisation’s expected growth in coming years.
We are seeking an individual with the following knowledge and experience:
- Substantial experience in producing or management roles and sound knowledge of the Australian arts sector, in particular the small to medium
- Experience in grant application and acquittal processes
- Familiarity with financial management requirements of an arts company including company planning, managing budgets and optimising financial resources
- Understanding of an arts organisation’s development, communications and marketing strategies
- Experience in relationship management – consulting and collaborating with existing and potential stakeholders in the arts, government, philanthropic and community sectors
- Established national and international industry networks
Chamber Made is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where a diverse mix of people work and are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Click link to download position description:
Your application must include a current CV, and a brief statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description (2-3 pages).
Applications close Tuesday 19 June 2018, 5.00pm AEST
For queries about this position or to have a position description emailed to you, please contact info ( at ) chambermade.org or call our office on (03) 9090 7095