Tuesday 17 November - Saturday 5 December 2015
|Art that interrupts the everyday||Artworks|
|17 November – 5 December 2015||Locations|
#IntimatelyEpic is a series of installations scattered across North Melbourne. Everyday acts are transformed into epic moments via film, images, music and sound from the edge of opera. Find #IntimatelyEpic in a range of businesses and venues.
|Listen||Hear drifts of an opera as you buy a coffee|
|Look||See a haunting image as you walk past a window at night|
|Refresh||Encounter unexpected moments that invite you to pause, reflect|
|Activate||Experience your surroundings in a new way|
Engage with #IntimatelyEpic:
- Get a copy of the postcard map available at all sites to reveal all artwork locations
- Visit as many sites as you like – one, a few, or all
- Post about #IntimatelyEpic on social media and spread the word. Or you can take a photo inspired by the artwork you’ve discovered and post to the Chamber Made Opera Facebook page or share via Twitter or Instagram.
- Use #IntimatelyEpic to go into the draw to win tickets to Chamber Made Opera productions and events, as well as CDs (details below).
#IntimatelyEpic uses existing Chamber Made Opera artworks and re-presents or re-imagines them for this installation context. Look out for the following artworks as part of #IntimatelyEpic. Click on the links to read more about each work including the creating artists as well as performers and other collaborators.
Seven businesses are part of #IntimatelyEpic, each generously hosting an artwork in a unique way. Go for a wander and explore each installation.
Installations start to roll out Tuesday 17 November and the full series will all be in action as of Thursday 19 November, including details of business opening hours / installation viewing hours.
- Counter, 104 Errol Street – View during open hours: 7 days, 8-2
- Stranger than Paradise, 101 Errol Street – View during evening (store will be closed) and also during open hours from 1pm Tue-Thur: 10-5, Fri-Sat: 10-5.30, Sun: 10-4.
- Arts House, 521 Queensberry Street – View during open hours: Mon-Fri: 9-5, and on show nights (check Arts House website for details)
- North Melbourne Library, 66 Errol Street – View during open hours: Mon-Wed: 10-7, Thurs: 10-6, Fri: 1-6, Sat: 10-4, Sun: 2-5
- Casa Verde Flowers, 40 Errol Street – View during open hours: Mon-Thur: 9-6.30, Fri 9-7, Sat 9-6
- Aesop, 2 Errol Street – View during open hours: Mon, Tues, Sat: 10-5, Wed-Fri: 10-6, Sun: 11-5
- Quirk & Co, 466 Victoria Street – View during evening (store will be closed): Mon-Fri: after 6pm, Sat: after 5pm, Sun: after 4pm
- 1 x VIP double pass to all Chamber Made Opera events in 2016
- 3 x doubles passes to a Chamber Made Opera production in 2016
- 5 x CDs of The Minotaur Trilogy
We’d value any feedback you have about #IntimatelyEpic.
|GIVE FEEDBACK NOW|
Project DirectorChristie Stott
Project Associate ProducerHannah Rundman